Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last moments at home.

The time has passed when studying abroad was years, semesters, months, weeks, or even days away. I fly to Rome tomorrow.

I don't think I've truly comprehended that in a little over 24 hours I'm leaving the country, and I'm not coming back again for (approximately) four months. It's just a hard idea to wrap my head around. It's one of those things that won't be real until I actually do it. There's no amount of preparation that can truly make me ready for this.

I've been rushing around the past few days trying to finish packing (truly an ordeal), run all kinds of errands, and fit in last minute visits with lots of friends and family. This past weekend I even went up to SLU for a much-needed visit with my friends there. It was bittersweet seeing everyone all moved into their new apartments, then having to turn around and leave. The strangest part was realizing that I don't have a place to live there this semester; instead of starting another semester there and falling into that routine, I have a whole new kind of adventure ahead of me.

I'm driving up to St. Louis tonight with my parents and staying near the airport. I fly out early tomorrow to Chicago, where I meet everyone else for the group flight, then we all fly to Rome together tomorrow afternoon. So, the next time I write in here, I'll be in Rome!

It's only been 3 years, but I am so ready to be back there again. Here's to this semester and learning to be exactly where I'm supposed to be.

-megan

No comments:

Post a Comment