Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The whirlwind of life.

I am so behind on posting. There has been so much happening in my life since fall break, and I have unfortunately been sharing precious little of it.

I've really been wanting to write about the weekend trips I've been on, but time to do so just hasn't materialized quite yet. I've been gone every weekend since Fall Break, each time off to vastly different places--from London, to Venice, to Egypt (!!!), and back again.

Each of these weekends has been so wonderful. When I returned back to the Rome Center this past Monday morning, my roommate, Beth, asked me how my weekend was, to which I responded, "Amazing. Probably the best weekend trip I've had all semester." She laughed at me and replied, "You say that every week," which is honestly the truth. I've truly been blessed to have some amazing travel experiences this semester, and I don't take them for granted.

All of this traveling has made time here pass so quickly, and the end of the semester is suddenly looming over all of us here at the Rome Center. Today marks one month until the group flight back to Chicago for most of the students here (me excluded, I'm staying for 10 extra days), and our next month is jam packed full of tests, papers, projects, presentations, and eventually the dreaded final exams. In addition to all of this schoolwork, most of us are still traveling on the weekends, and we have to fit in time to do everything we've been putting off doing in Rome. See how busy we are?

Even now, I'm writing this post as a break from memorizing the names of Baroque architects and Renaissance painters for my Thursday morning Art In Rome test. Later tonight, we're supposed to have a karaoke night here; we'll see if I make it to that one.

And now, I should definitely go back to studying for Thursday's test. Wish me luck!

-megan

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to hear about your trips ... and about karaoke night :) You could always show your French Heritage dance moves if the singing gets too crazy! Now that you've been to Egypt, maybe you could sing 'Walk like an Egyptian'!!!

    Your ever faithful commenter... Susan :)

    ReplyDelete